HallSir Edward Morgan, who built Golden Grove in 1580, was an official at the Court of Elizabeth 1, and the Morgan family lived here continuously until 1877.

After a period of ownership by the Aberconway family, Golden Grove was purchased by Frank Mortimer, the great uncle of the present owners.

The house has many interesting architectural features, the most prominent of which are the 'Crow Stepped' gables, introduced into the Vale of Clwyd from Flanders by Sir Richard Clough, a financial luminary during the reign of Elizabeth.

Extensively renovated during the reign of Queen Anne (1702-1714), the house acquired its fine 'dog-leg' staircase and the existing period doorways. Successive changes in the Georgian and Victorian periods have produced a harmonious manor house set in extensive formal gardens surrounded by its own agricultural estate. The setting and the views are of peaceful, pastoral beauty, and from the house you can see Bryn Gop, the largest Bronze Age tumulus in Wales, on the other side of the valley.


© Golden Grove Estate Ltd., Llanasa, Flintshire, CH8 9NA. Company Registration Nr: 05963379

Cookies | Disclaimer | Sitemap

Joomla templates by a4joomla